New Zealand’s tax and welfare policies are a mess. Could the solution be abolishing the current welfare system and radically overhauling the tax system?
Is this feasible? Is it desirable?
Gareth Morgan puts some radical changes to tax and welfare on the table at the launch of his new book, The Big Kahuna—turning tax and welfare in New Zealand on its head.
Watch Gareth’s presentation
- Part One – The Big Kahuna Intro
- Part Two – Tax in Civil Society
- Part Three – Origins of Redistribution
- Part Four – Where did we Lose the Plot
- Part Five – Modernist Approach to Transfers
- Part Six – 5 Principles of Redistribution Regimes
- Part Seven – An Inalienable Right to Dignified Life
- Part Eight – The Comprehansive Capital Tax
- Part Nine – Inequity Graphs
- Part Ten – Our Proposal
- Part Eleven – Who Gets Slammed the Hardest?
- Part Twelve – Why the Need for a Revolution?
- Part Thirteen – Is the Big Kahuna Respectable?
Part One – The Big Kahuna Intro
More information, discussion, calculators, book sales athttp://www.gmi.co.nz/bigkahuna/