The objective of the trustees of The Morgan Foundation is to use the funds for philanthropic endeavour with three areas of priority;
- To reduce income and wealth inequities by assisting those in the world at most disadvantage.
- To provide a humanitarian response to those in need.
- These projects are primarily overseas where disparities and destitution rates are highest.
Public interest Research
- These are oriented primarily to matters of public policy in New Zealand.
Conservation and Environmental Initiatives
- These are focused on enhancing the value of New Zealand’s Natural Capital.
Important to our participation is HAVING FUN participating in the above.
Necessarily it is the case that most of the Foundation’s financial assistance finds its way to people in the poorest parts of the world. It is here where each dollar can have the most impact, as measured by outcomes per dollar spent. However the Foundation is a New Zealand-originated endeavour and insofar as it can meet the above social development objectives and involve New Zealanders, it will. In this context the trustees endeavour to;
- Participate in some regional New Zealand projects, with emphasis on involving local communities
- Fund overseas projects that have a New Zealand on-the-ground involvement, most commonly by volunteers
View Locations of Morgan Foundation projects in a larger map